Here's a sample of St. John & St. James' ministries in service to our community:
- Right outside the church at 463 N. Church St. there's a "Little Library" filled with books for the taking or for the bringing.
- Working with the Sullivan School District, we have supplied clothing such as socks, pants, and underwear to children from low-income families who often come to school without proper clothes.
- Working with the Meramec Community Mission, we have provided clothing, toiletries and other items for low-income people in the Sullivan area. The Mission distributes food, commodities and clothing to residents of the local school districts. We have supported them through "Undie Sunday," "Holy Socks Sunday," and "Valentine's Day Gift Bags for Seniors."
- Working with Franklin County's "Alternatives for Living in Violent Environments" (ALIVE) program, we have provided supplies to help women escaping domestic abuse.
- Working with the Board of Home At Last Organization (HALO), a local non-profit that supports animals at the pound, we have provided towels and other needed supplies. We've also traveled to the pound on the day of our annual Pet Blessing to bless all the animals there, praying that they may find and give love in "forever" homes.
- We have also responded to cyclical needs, such as participating in "adopt-a-family" at Christmastime and providing backpacks to children returning to school in the fall.